Almost every aviation enthusiast remembers the legendary TWA Flight Center at New York's John F. Kenndy Airport, designed by industrial designer Eero Saarinen and opened on May 28, 1962.
The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2005, preventing it from being demolished.
For almost 16 years, the building was empty but finally there is an end in sight. In December 2016, the terminal was converted into a hotel and the completion is not far away. Bookings are now possible, starting from 15 May 2019.
At the heart of the hotel will be the original TWA Terminal now with the hotels lobby, resaurants and bars. Amenity kits, pen and pad carry the original TWA corporate design and put the guest back in the 60s. Around the former TWA Terminal are two towers with a total of 505 rooms and a conference center. Hotel prices beginning at around 200 USD/night.
Another centerpiece is the 10,000-square-foot rooftop observation deck with a pool.
TWA´s former Lockheed Constellation L1649A N8083H, delivered April 1958, is going to join the hotel on a pad.
Bookings and all necessary infos can be found on the official website.
Picture copyright TWA Hotel