São Paulo Campo de Marte Airport – Spotting GuideDecember 30, 2020
Eagle “Vail” County Airport – Spotting GuideJanuary 2, 2021
Our commitment to this hobby is without rest and so is your contribution, which is the key of this success. Together we built this site years after years, we also achieved few unprecedented milestones in the last 365 days, but convince yourself what 2020 was like for us.
A clear overview month after month of the key facts along many of them this year.
- January - Our member Severin Hackenberger took part at ANA's 3rd A380 rollout in Hamburg and our facebook post then broke all numbers we have achieved before. It went viral around the whole world as it reached more than 35K aviation enthusiasts thanks to 105 shares around the globe: what a huge success to start the year!
February - We had to move the servers which was highly needed due to a booming workload, but unluckily our page was down for a few hours. This was the only time point in 2020 that we were unable to provide you the whole service, we had no other problems and failures!
- March - We started being active a lot of work on our social media accounts, where we constantly post pictures, introduce new guides and share updates. Check @spotterguide out and get to know the faces behind the site's management on Instagram account in our team members' presentation: "who are we?"
April - We were featured in the "Skyliner aviation news & more" magazine and thus reached even more spotters in Europe. Our first big article in a well-known magazine. Of course, it was not meant to be the last one...
May - A great month as our social media activities paid off. We broke huge milestones: 3K followers on Facebook and 1K followers on Instagram
June - We tried something new as our member Jeremy Denton posted a private story about his proposal combined with an "Air-2-Air" shooting over Geneva. Few days afterwards, we implemented a new plug-in, which allows you to translate our website into 9 different languages now!
- July - We were able to take over more responsibilities as we started a partnership with Payerne Airport. We provide special fares for half-day stays and groups, reduce the administration workload for the owners and more importantly underline how an airport and the planespotter community can collaborate. A good opportunity to show that Spotterguide.net can be used well as connecting tool between community and airport authorities!
- August - We introduced the "military" section on our site in addition to the guide's country category. As we added many "mil guides" in 2020, the collection was filled quickly and thus we are able to reach additional planespotters. We made the website-experience for them even easier.
- September - Yet again, we were featured in another large magazine: Swiss "Jetstream" magazine even printed 3-doublesheet-pages about us! What an awesome way to pay tribute to our work!
October - We broke the biggest milestone in fall 2020: the 400th guide (Buochs) was published! Shortly afterwards we also broke the 2K follower milestone on Instagram. A great month all in all!
November - And we added the third magazine to our collection in 2020 as we were featured in the "AERO International" magazine for our work.
December - We then started a new series about worldwide airports and our spotterguides for these airfields for the next 12 magazines in the "AERO International" where we wanna report about spotter experiences and hence animate more people to join our hobby.
Despite the COVID-19, we topped last year's numbers and broke many milestones on social media. Let's put the year's work in numbers:
Number of guides at the end of the year
As always, just a very small amount of guides was written with our knowledge, we rather have to thank you for a huge number of the new articles. Yet again this is a proof that Spotterguide.net is actually a collection run and provided by the whole community, we just manage the pieces! This website is yours and we are proud to be part of it! We thank you for your loyalty and input you shared in our website again this year! Now it is time to wish you a Happy New Year 💖🎉🥇 Let's make 2021 an even better year! - Spotterguide Crew -
Congrats, hope the site will grow even larger. Nice to see here a free version of where to go to the community. I am glad I can bring up my piece as well to make it successful. Keep up the good work guys 🙂
Thanks for your kind words and great work, which will be released in a few weeks 🙂
I can promise, Spotterguide.net will break new limits this year and I hope we will top last year as spotting helper all around the world!
Congratulations! Please do not (too much) commercialize now by a paying version… would be a sacrilege…
We will not introduce this, but we have to keep the servers running. At the moment there is no danger that we cannot afford this anytime soon, but any help is appreciated.